This program aims to provide scholarships for international graduate students in the fields of Natural Sciences, Engineering and Technological Sciences, Medical Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities in universities of TURKEY for improving science and technology cooperation and building scientific and socio-economic bridge between Turkey and their countries.
Who can apply to this program:
- Senior undergraduate students aiming to register a master’s program with thesis
- MSc/MA students, at most in the third term of the program,
- MSc/MA students or graduated ones aiming to register a doctoral program
- PhD students, at most in the sixth term of the program
According to the new rules of the program:
- In addition to PhD students, MSc/MA students will be supported.
- ‘Getting an acceptance from a graduate program in Turkey’ is not required. Fellows can get the acceptance and start the fellowship in one year after the announcement date of the fellowship.
- Age limit is changed as follows:
- Being at most 30-years-old for MSc students and
- 35-years-old for PhD students at the first date of the application year
- ‘Language certificate necessary for the graduate program’ is not demanded.
Duration of Award
Maximum durations of the scholarship are 2 years for MSc students and 4 years for PhD students, provided that the fellow is successful in his/her studies (courses) and that the supervisor states in his/her evaluation report that the candidate is making good progress. There will not be any payment for the Language Schools.
Amount of Award
The amount of the scholarship per-month is 1.500 Turkish Liras (TL) for MSc students and 1.800 TL for PhD students.
- Being a non-Turkish citizen (people who have dual citizenship are not eligible)
- Being at most 30-years-old for MSc students and 35-years-old for PhD students at the first date of the application year
- Accepting to sign the letter of undertaking required to be a TÜBITAK scholar
- Application form
- Photocopy of personal information part of passport
- Curriculum vitae and list of publications
- Curriculum vitae and list of publications of the supervisor
- Original BSc and/or MSc transcripts (If they are not in English or Turkish, officially signed translated ones must be given.)
- Mastery/Doctorate transcript (if any)
- Two recommendation letters
- A research plan explaining the aim, experience and background of the candidate on the proposed subject
- If already assigned, a brief overview of the advisor on the planned research. (signed)
- Period : 29 March 2013
- Period : 27 September 2013
Online Application System will be accessible two weeks before the deadlines.
National Fellowships Directorate
Graduate Scholarship Programme for International Students
Programme Officer: Duran MESE
Tunus Caddesi No: 80
Tel: +90 (312) 468 53 00 / extension: 3843
For more information, please visit official website.